Inland waterways (Kanalintyg in English)

The Inshore Waterway diploma is a proof that you have knowledge about specific navigation rules on European waterways.

On this course you will learn about the CEVNI regulations. CEVNI stands for Code Europeen des Voies de Navigation Interieure. It is the code governing navigation on the interconnected European inland waterways. Signs, rules and procedures for navigating the European inland waterways are all included within the CEVNI code, and pleasure craft are expected to know and follow the code.

You will need a valid VH/SRC certificate and minimum Inshore Yachtmaster (Förarintyg) to complete this course.


Signs, rules and procedures for navigating many of the European inland waterways are all included within the CEVNI and in the same way as pleasure craft on coastal waters are expected to abide by the COLREGS, pleasure craft on many of the inland waterways of Europe, which in places are heavily utilised by commercial traffic, are expected to know the CEVNI, as this is the basis of many of the various countries' own regulations. 


Requirement: Inshore Yachtmaster (Förarintyg), boat practice and VHF/SRC.

Minimum age 15 år.


09:00 - 18:00

Study package

We highly recommend to order the publication RYA European Waterways Regulations by T Murrall when you book the course. The book will be sent out to you before the start of the course.

You will need the book during the course so please don't forget to bring it.


You have 2 options, either CEVNI Inland waterways (ICC) or the Swedish "Kanalityg" (NFB Blue diploma book). The examination starts after the theory course.

Good to know

CEVNI (ICC) is valid in Europe but NOT in Sweden, Norway, England and Ireland.The NFB certificate is valid in Sweden Norway and Denmark.


Course price: 1 150 kr

Course book: 195 kr

The cost to NFB for the examination is 625 SEK.

Coffee, tea, fruit are included in the course fee.

ICC requirements

To obtain an ICC CEVNI Inland waterways you must have either an Inshore or Coastal Yachtmaster, SRC and have paid the ICC fee. You must also send proof of these as well as a copy of your passport and a photo of you.

How do I pay for the ICC Inland waterway?
The easiest way is to add ICC when you book the course, click on the ICC type you want (available in the options on the booking form)  Then it will automatically be included in your booking. You can always add ICC after the course, just email us and we will solve it.